The convenience of a mobile wallet is now in your hands
Smarten up your smart phone with another way to pay. Download Google PayTM and add your GMCU Visa Debit Card to start making simple, secure purchases today.
Now you can tap and pay with your phone using Google Pay, the new app that offers a smarter way to pay.
Google Pay is an advanced Google product that heralds a significant shift in mobile payments.
Google Pay allows you to use NFC capable Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 and above to make payments.
Tap. Pay. Done. It’s that easy.
You don’t even need to open the app – simply wake your device by tapping the home or power button to pay in person with a tap of your phone. You can use Google Pay wherever contactless payments are accepted.
For transactions over $100 you will need to enter your PIN at the terminal. To make inapp purchases select the Google Pay icon at the checkout.
Download NOW and add your GMCU Visa Debit Card <play.google.com>
How it works
Choice, Simplicity and Security Google Pay offers a smart way to make fast purchases with compatible credit or debitcard, across all Android devices that is both simple and secure.
Google Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment - so your card details stay safe. You’ll know exactly when and where your transactions occur - making it easy to catch any suspicious activity. And if your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can instantly lock your device from anywhere, secure it with a new password, and wipe it clean of your personal information.
Whether you’re in-store or in-app – with Google Pay, a simple and secure checkout is always just a phone tap away!
How does the Google Pay™ app work?
Google Pay is a free app that allows you to pay with your GMCU Visa Debit Card with a tap of your phone while enjoying the same benefits and protection of your physical card.
Add an eligible credit card and you’re ready to tap and pay for purchases. Use Google Pay™ in participating mobile apps and anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/androidpay.
Is using my GMCU Visa Debit Card in the Google Pay app safe?
Yes. Google Pay has a number of security features:
• Your physical card number is not stored on your phone
• Just like a contactless transaction with your GMCU Visa Debit Card, Google Pay will not work for purchases over $100 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal
• If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager (www.google.com/android/devicemanager) to instantly lock your device, or even wipe it clean of any personal information
• You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorised transactions the same as when using your physical card
How do I get the Google Pay app?
You can get the Google Pay app for free if you have:
• An Google Pay compatible smartphone with NFC technology that lets your phone transmit data to the payment terminal at checkout
• Android Lollipop 5.0 or above operating system
To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/androidpay
Can all NFC-enabled smartphones work with Google Pay?
All smartphones that are enabled with NFC technology, have Android Lollipop 5.0 or above
operating system and have an Australian carrier, are compatible with Google Pay.
How do I pay using Google Pay?
• Wake your phone by tapping the home or power button
• Hold the back of your smartphone over the contactless symbol at checkout when prompted by the cashier
• If the transaction is over $100 you will need to enter your card PIN at the terminal
• Confirm with the merchant that the Google Pay transaction has been accepted and collect your receipt
• To make a purchase in a mobile app, select Google Pay at checkout. Your GMCU Visa Debit Card and address details will be automatically added