Shop the best of the world with your Visa Debit Card.
The best of the world’s shopping is now yours when you use your Visa Debit Card. The global acceptance of Visa means you can shop online worldwide, anytime. When you do shop, it’s worry-free thanks to Visa’s Zero Liability policy*. It’s a simple, safeguard that ensures you will not be held liable for unauthorised purchases made with your Visa Debt card or account information. Best of all, with your Visa Debit Card it’s your money you’re using, so you are in total control of what you spend.
Shop online overseas for so much more.
Bring the world’s best shopping to your door. Choose from a huge range of items, keep up-to-date with the latest international styles, trends and must-haves. You can shop online, when it suits you, from wherever you are. With a SALE always on somewhere in the world, you’re sure to find a bargain online. And you could save even more if exchange rates move in your favour.
Shop safe online
- Visit secure sites – Look for an “s” after the “http” in the web page address or URL of the online store you are visiting.
- Keep your password secret – Some online stores require you to register a user name and password before making a purchase.
- Compare then buy – Check out products and prices in different online shops before you buy.
- Protect your card details – Only give your Visa Debit card details when making purchases. Never reveal them for any other reason.
- Check delivery and return policies – Before completing an online transaction, read the delivery and return policies on the online store’s home page. Find out if you can return items and who bears the cost.
- Never send payment information via email – Information that travels over the internet (such as email) is not fully protected from being read by outside parties. Most reputable merchant sites use encryption technologies that will protect your private data from being accessed by others as you conduct an online transaction.
- Keep a record of your transactions – Just as you save store receipts, you should keep records of your online purchases. Back up your transaction by saving and/or printing the order confirmation.
- Review your monthly account statement thoroughly – Monitor your monthly statements, especially after an overseas trip. Check all transactions, even the small ones. Immediately report suspicious activity to prevent any possible additional fraud from occurring. Promptly notify your financial institution of any suspicious email activities.
- Only open and respond to emails that pass some basic tests** – Is the email from somebody you know? Have you received emails from this sender before? Were you expecting email with an attachment from this sender? Does email from this sender with the contents described in the subject line and the name of the attachment make sense? Does this email contain a virus?
*Visa’s Zero Liability policy covers Australian and New Zealand-issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult your issuer for additional details. **From “Common Sense Guide for Home and Individual Users”, Internet Security Alliance