Our Five Top Tips
1. Never disclose your security details - such as your PIN or banking password.
2. Don't assume an email, text or phone call is authentic - check the phone number from a legitimate source and call to confirm.
3. Don't be rushed - a genuine organisation won’t mind waiting.
4. Listen to your instincts - you know if something doesn’t feel right.
5. Stay in control - don't panic, and make the right decision.
Stop and think
In a recent UK study, one in four victims of online scams knew immediately they’d made a mistake.
Never be afraid to ask a friend or family member to check a deal if you feel unsure.
How is GMCU helping?
GMCU uses several software solutions to monitor unusual transactions, like Fraud Interceptor, Vigil and Verified by Visa.
You should also consider switching to eStatements as a more secure way to receive your statements.